If you need to commence a case, file a document in an ongoing case, or request an administrative service from the registry, you will find links to the form you need to complete in this section.

The Approved and prescribed forms page contains links to forms used in civil cases, including the Court of Appeal and the Court of Criminal Appeal.

The Forms by subject page contains links to forms used in criminal matters, costs assessment applications, and precedent forms used in specialist case management lists. It also contains links to listing services and administrative forms used in cases of all types (e.g. court file access requests, applications to waive or postpone fees).

    Frequently asked questions about forms

    Do I have to personally attend the registry to formally file a document?

    No, personal attendance at the Court's registry is not compulsory. The Court also accepts all documents for filing by post or DX. The Court of Criminal Appeal also accepts email filing for certain documents (see Practice Note SC CCA 1 - Court of Criminal Appeal - General for that Court's requirements).

    If there is a fee associated with the document you want to file, you need to attach a cheque for the relevant amount (drawn from either a solicitor's firm account or a bank cheque; personal cheques are not accepted), or a money order, to the documents that you post to the registry. You can find the registry's postal and DX addresses on the Contact Us page.

    You also have the option to file a large number of documents in civil cases online via the NSW Online Registry website

    Both legal practictioners and litigants should note that filing by email is not acceptable unless the Court has specifically given you leave to file a document by this method. See Part 3​ and Part 4 Division 2 of Uniform Civil Procedure Rules 2005 for further details about filing documents.

    Can I request an administrative service by email?

    ​To comply with an audit recommendation aimed at minimising the risk of fraud, the Court is unable to accept credit card payments via email. If you would like to use a credit card to pay a fee without attending the registry, you will need to post your credit card details to the Court. The Court will then store this hard copy advice securely in a safe until the credit card transaction dispute period expires.

    Yes, the Court accepts all requests for administrative services by email, and most forms for services that attract a fee include a section in which you can provide credit card details. You can find the Court's email address on the Contact Us page.

    How do I find a Justice of the Peace to witness my document?

    If you intend to lodge your form in person at the Court's Sydney registry, a volunteer Justice of the Peace (JP) is available each day between 10am and 3pm to witness your document.

    Other locations around New South Wales offer similar volunteer JP services.

    The Department of Attorney General & Justice also publishes a searchable register of JPs.

    Visit the Fi​nding a JP webpage for further details.