Current processing times for probate applications
The Court's processing times the week 29 May to 2 June 2023 are:
|Type of matter||Filing date being assessed in the period|
|Probate, Reseal, Letters of Administration – cta, Letters of Administration||30 March to 5 April 2023|
|Answers to requisitions for routine matters||30 March to 5 April 2023|
|Complex applications including any answers to requisition (for example, informal wills, copies of wills, presumption of death, limited purpose grants, or administration applications not being made by the next of kin)||1 March to 10 March 2023|
|Exemplifications||30 business days from the date of lodgement|
Delay is being experienced due to the high number of applications received and the availability of Registrars to assess the application.
Requests for expedition may be made in appropriate circumstances, for example where the deceased sold a piece of real estate prior to their death that is due to settle soon.
Requests for expedition by executors/administrators who sell real estate without having first obtained a grant will not be entertained.
Replies to requisitions are not expedited. They are dealt with in the usual workflow in accordance with the date of receipt.
Any request for expedition must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , marked to the attention of the Prothonotary, and include the following information:
- Case number
- Estate Name
- Date of filing
- Reasons in support of expedition. If expedition is sought because:
- the deceased sold real estate, the settlement date is required
- the estate is involved in litigation, the date and listing type for the next listing is required
- the sole person entitled is the surviving spouse or a minor child, financial hardship details are required
- the deceased was the sole operator of a business, if there has been delay in applying for a grant, an explanation for the delay in applying for a grant is required
Details of the fees payable when filing probate documents or requesting registry services are available on